Thursday, June 7, 2007

Persian Rice and Will Rogers...What? You're looking as though the two have nothing in common?!


While I was on vacation recently, I made one HELL of a pot of steamed Persian rice. This photo is from the bottom of the large pot and is very crunchy rice.
The steamed rice cooks on top of this piece (inverted) and turns out very light and fluffy...not sticky. That is, IF you do it right!
Ha..I've done it wrong many times.
Crush and dilute a little saffron and pour over the top of the steamed rice and it makes a lovely dish.
All you ever wanted to know about making rice, right??
;-)



Must now include obligatory photo of Will Rogers.
Can you guess what city/state I'm in?

4 comments:

buffalodick said...

When young, I read Will Rogers' biography. A mixture of wisdom,adventure, and humor! I would love to be in the same room with him, Yogi Berra, and Mark Russell discussing world news!
Glad you're back-Whaaasup?

Phil said...

Ah, thanks for the rice lesson Kayla!

I have nooo idea where you are / were??? :]

Kayla said...

Hi Buffalo,
You must know where I am (was), then?
OK is filled with namesake parks, theaters, etc...and of course, this particular statue is at the Will Rogers Airport!
Personally, I'm just trying to keep my head above water lately...
Or my body in the water at the lake!
Ha..may post some lake pics later.

Hi DoGGa,
You're most welcome! I don't know how much you like rice, but to me it tastes the best when cooked this way.
I'm at the Oklahoma City Airport!
See many cowboys in the UK?
hehe ;-)

buffalodick said...

Uummmmm- Your body in a lake with pictures......Just tell me you're not Muslim and swim in one of those robes!